Help

Forum >> Help >> Need some advice on the starting pitcher and the bullpen   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ayj911

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I found that my starters were always able to hold the score, but when the LR MR SET came on, they were always beaten up.too many hit,too many walks,and too many score.

As a new player, I don't have enough pitchers on my roster.So I often choose pitchers with Velocity(15+) but some defects as starters, such as movement or control.and let them pitch 75-80,they don't lose too many score(0-5).

Then there are SET LR MR CLR. I usually choose pitchers with average skills. Their Velocity is usually very ordinary(14-15) and good stamina(15+).But when they come in to pitch, they always get too much hit and lose score(2-10). This is very disturbing.

So what I want to know is what skills are more important for relay pitchers to make sure they are not easily destroyed by batters.Or is there something wrong with my pitching strategy ? or is it just that my pitcher is too weak?Are there any standards for reference?Like the minimum value of every pitch skill.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its a good idea to look at the pitcher's stats. Guys with high velocity sometimes give up a lot of HRs. So you really want to check and see if the guy is giving up a lot of HRs. Its not so much about the ratings, but more the performance. The ratings help you figure out who might be good, but the stats tell you who is actually performing.

I consider the bullpen more critical than Starters (especially SETs and Closer). Your best pitchers will have some stats close to these numbers:

- Less hits than IP
- Around 1 HR per 10 IP or lower
- WHIP lower than 1.5
- Twice as many Ks as BB

GB/FB is another one to watch. A high GB/FB will mean the pitcher keeps the ball down (less HRs). A pitcher with a low GB/FB will keep the ball up in the air. If you have a park with deep walls and you are using Astro Turf, you might prefer opposing hitters to hit more pop-ups. It depends on your strategy, and you should include your ballpark design in that strategy.
ayj911

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for your advice Rock777.
You remind me that the rules of the game do say that there is a discrepancy between the actual performance of players and their values. I didn't expect the impact to be so obvious. I think I need to check the pitcher's data to find the right person.

Updated Tuesday, November 10 2020 @ 3:08:47 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |