Help

Forum >> Help >> 9 Errors in the First 3 games?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seriously. Seriously. I have the exact same lineup... we aren't that old, most of my players are sub-30 and last year we had 138 E's, about .863 a game. So, even with the laws of small sample size 3.00 a game is ridiculous. Are we playing in the middle of a tornado?
I'm officially hating this game.
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Its baseball , dont get too upset , just like last year my all star closer has started hot , no one can get a hit off him , im just waiting for the day that he starts blowing 2-3 saves in a row. My point is that ok you had 9 errors in 3 games , thats extremely unlucky but it will even out in the end.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
are they concentrated on a single player or does every one in your team get one? ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you play players out of position or with very little experience, you will produce more errors.

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3 are from a player with 15/15/16 skill. OOP or not it is still unrealistic. Added that positions take forever to adjust here and you can't train them in the minors.

But this is my lineup from last season, so at least half a year of experience.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Which player?

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/54446

He is a 2nd Baseman and I have been playing him there.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, he's made 4 errors in 7 games so I think its probably just bad luck and things will even out over the course of a season.

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is just insanely frustrating. Can't find good pitching, can't depend on good infielders. The only strategy is to hope. Hope you draft well, hope the train fast enough, hope they are more lucky the the bums you already have.

If I were losing like this is a higher division, then yeah... but this is against bots in D-effing 6. Seriously.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
you think the Blue Jays figured they were gonna be last when they went big in the off season?...this stuff happens...you take your lumps...you move on...i know it can be frustrating and that when you sign a GOOD, reliable player you expect him to be good and reliable...but...
A)the game clearly states that his ratings may be more more speculation than fact and therefore the player may not be as good as he looks...
B)what would be the fun of a game where a player with great ratings always played great and a player with crappy ratings always played crappy?...

these kind of management games have to have some randomization to them to make it sporting...

in real life baseball...sure the superstars are more often than not gonna play like superstars...but they all go through slumps as well...as people have said...your player is probably just going through a slump and it will even out by seasons end...either that or...he's not as good as his ratings would suggest and you bring in someone else to play his role...

Previous Page | Show All |