Help

Forum >> Help >> Substitution Struggles   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm having a hard time with substituting players via the management settings. Maybe I just don't completely understand how this works though. I have my starting 3B Luigi,age 28 and he's right handed. Then I have a backup 3B, Zaragoza, age 26 and also right handed. Zaragoza needs his At Bats, he's about 90% filled on his build. So I have Luigi as starter verses left and right handed pitching, with Zaragoza penciled in as backup on both. Under management settings I have Luigi being pitch hit for either left handed or right handed pitchers in the 7th inning. So I thought at this point that Luigi would be substituted out for Zaragoza in the 7th inning, but it doesn't ever happen. Will a player only substitute in a pitch hitter of an opposite hand? Right for left or left for right? Or can I set up a right handed 3B player to be pitch hitted/substituted for another right handed 3B player in a particular inning- 5th thru 9th innings? Any info clarifying would be helpful.
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The listed sub will play if injury only.

You need to start the young kid and use management setting for him to come out in say the 5th inning against both rhp and lhp. Then in the 5th inning when the game engine runs the below algorithm, your vet will come into the game.

From the guide:

Game Engine Algorithm Discussion
- Pinch Hitting
This is a description of how the pinch hitting mechanism works in the game engine.

Pinch hitter check is run before each batter (5th inning and beyond):

If Not Too Earlier to pinch hit for current hitter
Position Upgrade: Check bench players; evaluating overall and defensive value for current hitter's position
Determine best overall player from the bench (whose defensive value is above some minimum)
If bench player value is greater than current hitter + some margin
Replace current hitter
If 7th inning and beyond
Determine the criticality of the hitting situation based on inning, outs & score
If current hitter's offensive value exceeds the minimum value determined by the criticality of the hitting situation
Keep current hitter
Pinch Hitter: Check bench players; evaluating offensive value only
Determine best offensive player from the bench
If bench player value is greater than current hitter + some margin
Replace current hitter
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you.

Previous Page | Show All |