Help

Forum >> Help >> Start or Bench   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/206288
My 6th round pick reaching his 14pot today's training update. Should he Start games now? I am scared his SI could gain more but on bench he won't?
Got good speed, plate discipline, and instinct but low hit, power and arm? He is better caught stealing than my current catcher?
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Wuggla.

Just my opinion..

First: I love that guy! If I draft that guy he becomes an OF right away in the minors. I'd want him to be a starting OF asap and at the least be a back up OF/C (if he can't hit rhp) for many seasons. But that guy I'd hope to start for many seasons. Good range, hitting, power and steals bases.
He comes up to the bigs in 2044 and plays. In 2045 he starts and it's his job to lose.

I fear he may already be "stunted" from lack of playing time the last few seasons but maybe not.

But now the choice and question is whether to start him at catcher or not. Answer: probably not. At this point, I do not see him as your long term catcher in the higher leagues.

BTW: why do you keep virtually your whole minor leagues at the wrong level?? Just no space in the majors?? Does this "big slow down" work out in the long run? Players do not stunt?? (I'm legit curious about that) thx.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I fear he may already be "stunted" from lack of playing time the last few seasons but maybe not.

I'd go with maybe not. He's added a decent amount of SI this season despite having the message. Really not that far off his written scouting, already at his pot scouting.

But now the choice and question is whether to start him at catcher or not. Answer: probably not.

Agreed. Stick him in LF and hope for the best.

BTW: why do you keep virtually your whole minor leagues at the wrong level??

Wuggla explained his philosophy in General one time. He does not follow recommendations, but instead allocates by age. It is an ... interesting approach.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Do players even stunt from lack of playing time? I've had veterans in their early to mid 30s gain SI from playing. I always assumed the message had more to do with training SI than experience SI.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
In regards to Marvin Friend, if you want to turn him into a starter, then the sooner the better at this point. He's pretty old and you're losing prime seasons. I don't love his build at catcher, but that's where he has position knowledge.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Geech is correct Skill Indexing is split experience & training; training is gained in minor or spring, while experience is gained in defensive innings played & plate appearance.
He is going to start at catcher vs Lefty. Teaching him outfielder takes to long. I picked him as catcher and followed the AI recommended call ups also but nevertheless I did not train him at anything elsewhere. He has been my back up and bench player. I believe he could gain more in hitting maybe next season he start if no waivers come through? @FreddyThe2nd I go with gut more in call ups also seen others get great late SI gained in late 20's. Stunt happens also but sometimes they grow bigger than potential also. @Seca yes I do use mythology in minor place but this player I following AI recommended call ups and still listen to AI 75% or more in call ups.

Updated Friday, October 23 2020 @ 5:33:23 pm PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll echo the others who wondered what on earth a 17 Range guy is doing playing catcher when he has no Arm and an ideal OF build. He'd start anywhere in my OF right now and be a full-time player. Arm is the only defensive attribute you need at C, 16+.

Previous Page | Show All |