Help

Forum >> Help >> What should I do?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't understand why this player, Gardner-ID# 222276, has flattened on his growth? Age 24, with a Potential of 14 and 108 skill points, I followed the game engines exact instructions with him. A 1st round draft choice, I had high hopes for him. What went wrong? What to do to possibly fix? Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Several possible answers.

1) Already maxed, but underrated so showing less than his real ratings.

2) Overrated by scouts, not really a POT 14, already maxed.

3) Still has a little growth, but only a few SI so growth curve is flattening.

4) Slightly early callup.

Certainly doesn't hurt to leave him in AAA during spring training at least. You could try leaving him down for a few updates, but there is no guarantee he will still grow. I have a LOT of players who stunted far worse than that and perform at high levels. Performance is the only thing that really matters. Guys who perform well with low ratings are likely just underrated.

Carrasco is a good example. A POT 14 who never got out of the POT 12 range, but performed at a very high level.

For your guy, I would put him in AAA for spring training for the next three seasons, but I would probably just leave him in the majors during the regular season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was really pissed with O'Brien didn't reach his power potential (or POT). He ended up as a POT 12 in the end. I thought he was going to turn into a 40 HR guy until he stunted at 26 years old. Possibly needed more time in the minors (instead of following AI recommendation), or possibly he was just overrated by the scouts to start with. You can never really tell.

I tried giving O'Brien some extra time in the minors for spring training, but it didn't yield any benefit.

Updated Tuesday, September 8 2020 @ 8:37:32 pm PDT
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay. Frustrating... particularly when their age is 24. I've already learned from experience that any guy is liable to flatline in the 26-28 age range; I didn't realize it could happen so much younger though. Who knows, maybe he isn't completely done yet. He will definitely be getting some more AAA training. I see he only had one season of single A, is there any chance at all that he could use more of that?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Na. I believe the "correct" level for them to be at is based on how much total Training they have. Training is gained at all levels, but is gained the fastest at the correct level. So by now he should be well past the level of training where he should be in A. The flip side is that he should still gain training in the majors even if that isn't the "correct" level. Given he is only 24, he should still gain training for a while if it isn't full. That is why I would just put him back in the majors after spring training. If he has more training to gain, he should gain it fine in the majors. If he is already maxed, then there isn't any more to gain in the minors anyways.

Previous Page | Show All |