Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If I have a player who is in AAA and he plays in Spring Training, will be receive training from both AAA and Spring Training games? The reason I ask is I have a few younger guys who are playing on my major league team; I'm wondering if I should move them from majors to AAA while Spring Training is going on. Thanks

P.S. When do the minor league games officially start?

Updated Friday, September 4 2020 @ 10:01:12 am PDT
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
They only gain real major experience at right lvl.
No minor games means they only play spring games start 2PM today.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Minors AAA only play if in lineups for Spring linuep. They gain experience no matter lvl they are at if they play in spring games.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe that they will gain both Training in the minors and Experience in the Spring Training games as long as you leave them in the minors.

Although I am not 100% sure how much Training is gained during Spring Training.

As wuggla said, Training gains are maximized at the correct level. So leave guys in the minors who can still use time in the minors, and put guys in the majors if that is the right* level for them.

* Right is somewhat subjective. I used to just listen to the AI recommendations, but now I follow them less.

Updated Friday, September 4 2020 @ 2:20:35 pm PDT
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, if you don't follow the AI recommendation, how do you play it? Are you more aggressive or less with your call ups to the Majors?

I'm just wondering as I'm still new to this and it seems like I get both too aggressive and not aggressive enough recs from the AI on some of my prospects. So far I've been following the recs, but if there is a better way, I'd love to try.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, a little of both. I think the AI tends to be too passive with the low minors and too aggressive with the AAA guys. I more look at boundary cases.

If a guy has been at a level for close to 3 seasons, its time to push him up regardless of what the AI says. Either he continues to develop, or you probably need to cut him anyhow.

If a guy has less then 1.5 seasons at a level. I usually ignore the AI recommendation until he has at least 1.5 seasons at that level. The closer they are to 25, the less aggressive I am. I might push a 22 year old guy in AAA up early just because I know I still have lots of time to put him back in AAA. A 24 year old player I am likely to try to keep down closer to 2 seasons.

EDIT: BTW, I have no idea if this is the right thing to do. Its just how I am playing it right now, until I learn better ;)

Updated Friday, September 4 2020 @ 3:14:36 pm PDT
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Saturday, September 5 2020 @ 1:06:21 pm PDT
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I picked up a player, Trent Bourne id#193602, his last level of minor league was/is AA, now it's telling me to move him up to the majors, thus entirely skipping AAA. He is 25, with 81 skill points and a 12 Potential. Should I do as it says and skip AAA and move him to the majors, or should I disregard and give him some AAA training? Thanks

Also Landon Hampton, id#192017.

Updated Saturday, September 5 2020 @ 1:02:50 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The AI automatically recommends all 25 year olds for the majors. He needs more time in the minors. If it were me, if he didn't have the nod by the end of last year, I would leave him in AA for a couple weeks and then promote him to AAA. Looks like he was left in A for too long by his prior team.

I'd leave Hampton in AAA for at least a full year as well.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock!

Previous Page | Show All |