Help

Forum >> Help >> RD   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JD

Simi Valley Pirates
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
How do I set the Run differential with pitchers? I have never messed with it, but I'm not how it should be used. Thanks.

Updated Sunday, August 30 2020 @ 5:55:03 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I generally never mess with it myself. Its kind of dangerous to play with as it will often leave you without an valid relief pitcher, meaning your current guys will throw 150 pitches...

Otherwise its just a range. So for instance 1 / 5 will mean the guy only comes into the game if you are winning by at least 1 but not more than 5. Similarly -5 / -1 will mean he only comes in if you are losing by at least 1 but not more than 5. Make sure you don't reverse the numbers like -1 / -5 or 1 / -1, otherwise your guy will never come in.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Now I’m kinda curious how many owners actually do set run differential settings on their bullpen. So far, I’m one of the few guys I know of that does.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I used to set my Closer to 0/3 in the hopes he would come in for tie games, but it never seemed to work. On rare occasions when I have two LRs and one is a garbage rookie, I'll set RD so he only comes in when its a blow out. In general, I end up regretting that though. There always ends up being a game where everyone is tired, and my starter pitches for 150 pitches because I have my LR set for blow outs...

How have you used RD?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I don’t set run differential for my long reliever(s), but I do set my spot starter to 0/0 and not to come in before the 9th. I generally have one middle reliever at -∞/4, the other at -4/∞, and one RHS (typically my most reliable bullpen guy) set to -4/4 to act as a third middle reliever. My LHS is also a -4/4, but almost invariably at a pitch count of 0 since even setting him to △ tends to wind up with him getting left in too long. Setup is 0/5 if I have one. Closer is 1/4, but I’m convinced that he’ll only come in if it’s a save situation even if you set him to -∞/∞ so there’s no point in changing it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I think the Closer ignores the setting since Save situations is its own piece of code.

I don't touch my middle relieves because I think the AI does a decent job with them. Restricting them by RD just creates situations where you need a reliever and no one is eligible (even though you have a fully rested MR sitting in the bullpen).

Updated Tuesday, September 1 2020 @ 11:01:29 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |