Help

Forum >> Help >> Build Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If I take a 23 yo pitcher of mine who is currently in AAA, and bring him.up to the majors for a little experience, with the plan to send him back down at the end of the year, will that screw up, or harm his build? My thinking is, I've got a good lead in my league, the player is young, and I'll put him back in AAA to finish out his training At the end of the year or the beginning of next season. But if in doing that it could screw up build them I wont? Thanks
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
If it's only one or two training session, then it probably won't make a big difference one way or the other. However, in general I would leave the player down in AAA until he receives his recommendation for promotion.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Promoting him will slow his Training, but get hims some extra Experience (as long as he plays). In these last two weeks, they don't seem to get a huge amount of training in the minors anyhow. So its probably a good idea.

I would be more cautious with a 24 year old, but a 23 year old should still be able to get all the training he needs in AAA.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
For really good prospects that are likely to have long term impact on my team, I do this very thing.

Reuben Gomes is one example. He's a 15 pot and I'd say that treatment did not hurt his development.

I'm doing it with Alfredo Aguilera this season at SS. He will return to AAA next spring.

Their performance tends to be less than stellar in these stints. I'm convinced it doesn't hurt them but I enjoy the exercise.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Was something the "old guard" did frequently. Mr. Twoplums almost always had september callups.

Like Geech said, its not likely to make much difference either way. If your season is locked in and sorta dull atm, calling up a kid could make your games more fun.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think in your position I'd certainly give him a shot for the rest of the reason and then throw him back down to stay next season. Means that he should have higher SI when he is called up for good
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Good point.

Previous Page | Show All |