Help

Forum >> Help >> crowding the minors?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
oldbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
so, lets say I have 4 AAA OF's, and I want all of them to get time in the OF.
Will the minor league mgr rotate them appropriately so they all get time? Or, will one of them always sit?

Same goes if I've developing 2 catchers, etc...

... I'm just curious how playing time gets determined in the minors.

thanks in advance! :)
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
All of you minor league players are getting the same amount of training in the minors and they are getting it at the position you have selected, whether or not they are accumulating game/position stats.

The games and stats don't really count for anything other than to build stats. The AI chooses players (like an all star team) to play the games and if your player isn't getting games it is because the AI doesn't like him so to speak.
Note: that doesn't mean your player is no good but it may be giving you a hint.

btw: Most managers believe best training is achieved by using the AI suggested league level for each player.

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
most managers believe ...

There has been an official admin post stating this. Think that makes it a fact. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually that is not completely true. Steve has stated that players receive optimal training if they are at the correct level. He has also said that the AI recommendations have fuzziness in them, and are not always correct.

So they receive the best training at the correct level, which is not always the AI recommendation.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also important to note, that your 4 OF aren't playing games on the same minor league teams. The engine takes all players at a level, distributes them into teams, and then the AI chooses starters from those teams. So each day they are distributed to new random teams, and will seldom if ever be on the same team. So you don't need to worry about blocking the training of one player by another guy on the team.

Previous Page | Show All |