Help

Forum >> Help >> Form   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Amhaja

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How closely do people follow this? If a guy finds himself Very Cold, do you act on it?

Rest him or move his position maybe?

Do you tweak the lineup regularly for things like that??
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Do a forum search on form. This is often discussed but worth the search and read as there are many ideas.

Short version: The majority answer is that form rating is simply triggered by "latest" (search it in the stats section) performance. So if a player is cold and you sit him, he stays at cold.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Slightly longer answer: There is a 100% correlation between a player’s recent performance — specifically batting average and ERA — and their current form rating. Whether or not there is anything in the game engine to “nudge” players toward having a particular form at any given time is anybody’s guess.
Amhaja

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok thanks :)
todd

Wellington Phoenix
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've thought about this a lot...but when my pitchers are very cold, they usually play a lot worse, or so it really seems to me...and yes, if I have a cold SP who normally plays much better, but has been cold for awhile, I'll try putting him into something like MR position, give him a lower pitch count, and try to "massage" his form back up. I really can't say at this point how well it works, but I've tried it a little.
Amhaja

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, that's what I'm trying to do with a couple of SP's - see if I can regain their spark...

Previous Page | Show All |