Help

Forum >> Help >> manager   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyway, getting a good manager for is a long process. During the off-season you figure out the ID numbers of all the new managers. When the season starts you type those IDs into your web browser. Most will say unavailable. You do this after every update to see when one comes available. You do this all season until you find a good one. It’s super boring.

I genuinely wonder if Steve realizes this is how we're finding managers? Surely, surely, this isn't his intent. The best way to find a new Broken Bat manager is to circumvent the provided interface.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
His wage is fine. If your manager is only making 2-3X what your best player is making, that’s cool (in BrokenBat ... utterly absurd in real baseball).

The bigger issue is he is 65. Don’t they retire at 70? Or are they like players?

Anyway, getting a good manager for is a long process. During the off-season you figure out the ID numbers of all the new managers. When the season starts you type those IDs into your web browser. Most will say unavailable. You do this after every update to see when one comes available. You do this all season until you find a good one. It’s super boring.

Fortunately managers have a “small” effect on the game, so you don’t actually need a good manager. (Can’t stifle the laughter there ... managers seem utterly broken to me. If you want to do well, invest the time typing in IDs after every update till you have a good one. Once you get a good one you are set for like 6 real life years).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think they retire if they are on a team. Pretty sure I saw an ancient guy on someone's team a little while back.

Also pretty sure everyone loudly voiced their discontent with the managers when Steve first implemented them. He already knows that no one finds them to be fun (except maybe a handful of managers who have premium managers on their team).

Updated Saturday, July 25 2020 @ 6:03:04 pm PDT
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't mind what managers add to the game, but actually finding one to hire is not a fun process.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
That was the strangest double post I’ve ever seen. There was almost an hour between.

Managers should have been monetized. Admin has given us countless hours of fun out of his pocket. If they’d been brought in with price tags I wouldn’t have complained a bit. Would have reached for my wallet.

As it is it’s firs let come first served. Worst part of a beautiful game.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I wholeheartedly agree that managers are currently the worst part of the game — that’s a soapbox I’ve gotten on more than once — but there aren’t enough words in the English language or any other to properly express the absolute rage I am feeling at the thought of monetizing them.

If you want a free game, fine. If you want a paid game, fine. I’m good with either. But if you want a pay-to-win game where you can have players press Shift+4 to make other players suck, you can take that game and shove it right up your [CENSORED]. Sideways.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought we had some really good ideas to improve the terrible manager situation and am surprised nothing got implemented yet.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
The manager search function is useless to search for newly generated managers because new managers are generated with 10's across the board and only reveal their true skills over time. Essentially, searching by skill numbers is useless for new managers.

So why not switch the manager search from searching by a specific number (10, 12, 14, etc.) to searching by a specific scouting report (above average, good excellent, etc.)?

Now this wouldn't solve the race to sign the best managers. However, it would make searching for a manager easier, which might help things a bit.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 to Longviewess' suggestion. That's my preferred solution.
envican

Hartford Bears
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
While we are discussing money, does the admin ever do a donation drive for server costs? I'd be glad to chip in a few bucks here and there.

Previous Page | Show All |