Help

Forum >> Help >> Decision Time   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd try him as a starter. 10 stamina will work with a 100 pitch count. His build seems to be better fit for limiting damage over a long period rather than getting the guy in front of him out.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
10 Stamina and a hundred pitch count? Ive been giving 7/1 for my number of pitches to stamina for my pitchers management settings - i would set 70 pitches for a 10 Stamina. I'm now guessing that's way to low. What is the general consensus as far as how many pitches for a point of Stamina?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
75 is the minimum for a Starter. I would set a guy with 10 Stamina at 75.
Ouija7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a guy with 8 stamina throw 6 solid innings and 92 pitches against me in the last series.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been thinking about Almaric's answer about lack of experience. So are you suggesting that if my pitcher, who I believe is finished with his build (training+experience) but has yet to play for maybe one year or more, that he would play at a level that's not quite his best due to lack of playing time experience? Even though is build is finished? A "just give him a year or two" kind of thing, so to speak? I hope this makes sense. Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't assume he is finished. He could still gain more SI through experience (which he will only gain in the majors). Besides which, he has pitched very well this season. A 1.360 WHIP is great for a guy who is still developing.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't believe there's any factor other than SI growth which would lead a player to perform better over time in the majors though.
Ouija7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From what I have seen with my players I think experience does improve some players But with others it makes no difference. Sometimes you have to be patient not all players show the true value in the first season or so.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Certainly not in 25 innings. He actually did really good when he was up.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, it seemed right after I penned this article he got hot. He must have heard the "trade rumors."

Previous Page | Show All |