Help

Forum >> Help >> to rebuild or not to rebuild that is the question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jolson3

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At what point do I cut some of my players over 30 to get more playing time for the young players. I have some older people producing but they have no future and cost money. Also does being a SP build pitchers more than being used as a reliever.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep what you got. Looks good a small young team. The 31yo's are good. A mixture of older guy's keep young ones learning curves. Just work your line up around getting young player a start every 4-5 days. Rarely see rosters with all young team work vets on teams helping young ones learning.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes Starting role gain faster because they pitch more batter faced more defense innings.
But scouting says limited innings normally meaning relief pitchers.
They sometimes grow better than starting.
jolson3

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the tips.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, to add to what Wuggla wrote, there is really no advantage to tanking in this game. If you are focusing on the future, then let the development of your younger players drive your playing time decisions. Don't force the issue by cutting players just because they're on the wrong side of 30.

Also, don't play someone simply because they are younger. If you have an questionable young player and a decent veteran, play the veteran until you find a clearer replacement.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, don't promote young guys too early, as that will actually hurt their development in the long term. Like Geech said, if you think its a rebuilding season, prioritize the young guys in the majors, but I wouldn't drastically alter the roster.

Also, it might be a bit early to give up on a .500 team, even with Cubs' crazy .700 win percentage. 10 games is very doable at this point in the season if the Cubs come back to earth. Although they do look like a very strong team...

Previous Page | Show All |