Help

Forum >> Help >> Why is my LR starting instead of my SS?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My SP4 Al Tarver is injured and for a little bit, I had Deion Frisch starting. Now I put Jan Ludwig at SS the past two games that had Tarver scheduled to start and my LR Martin Pulido started instead of Ludwig. Why is this occurring? Some extra info added is that Ludwig had full stamina before the SP4 is scheduled and Ludwig didn't pitch in previous games before SP4 was scheduled.

Updated Sunday, July 12 2020 @ 3:33:35 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think this came up in the bug thread previously. Probably worth posting again since it doesn't look like its been fixed.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm assuming these were the games:

Example 1
Example 2

My guess is it is fatigue related even though I don't agree with the AI in the decision. In example 1, Ludwig showed light fatigue while Pulido didn't have any. Example 2 is a bit strange. Pulido again doesn't show any. Ludwig, however, shows up on the fatigue list as Ludwig-None. I don't pay attention to box scores like I used to, but I can't remember this occurring. Since Ludwig even appears, I'm guessing there is super light fatigue even though it says none, because if there isn't any at all they don't even show up on the list.

To me that suggests the AI looks to the Spot Starter first. If there's any fatigue at all, it then checks the Long Reliever. If the Long Reliever doesn't have any (or possibly just less than the Spot Starter?), it goes with the Long Reliever. Hopefully Steve can clarify this.

Updated Sunday, July 12 2020 @ 9:13:34 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |