Help

Forum >> Help >> What to do?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have this player, Mendez, ID#222241, who i think may be a really good player in the long run. He is 23 years old, and currently has 102 skill points with a 14 Potential. My main concern is that i don't screw up his finishing build. I see he has 2 seasons of AAA, but his second season he only played in 6 games and had 23 AB's. Should i send him down for another season of AAA and then play him regularly in the majors? Thanks
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What does the system suggest? Keep him in AAA if the system recommendation is to so. Otherwise, bump him to the majors and get him that experience. As far as playing time, I've read on the forums that lack of playing time in the minors does not effect development. Not sure if that's been proven, but that's what I've seen.

I also see that the reason his playing time was limited last season in AAA is because he played a bunch in the Majors.

Updated Thursday, July 9 2020 @ 10:21:54 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It depends on why they didn't have playing time. If he was in AAA and not getting playing time he still gets Training. But given this guy was probably in the majors for most of the season, he wasn't getting training.

He will still get training in the majors. I think the system is overly aggressive, and I would have left him down in AAA for longer. But given his young age he might be fine either way. It looks like he is doing well so far. As long as he is doing well and getting consistent ABs at the major league level I'd leave him up. But it won't hurt him to pull him down for a few weeks if he gets into a funk or if it looks like he won't get a lot of ABs that week.

At the very least I would put him down to AAA at the end of the season through spring training.

Updated Thursday, July 9 2020 @ 10:51:28 am PDT
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
He received his recommendation to the majors last year. I've been playing him sporadically, because i have a few 24-26 yo's who need the training more. Does a player receive minor league training during Spring Training? I thought that the minor league started up after Spring training.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
They get development if they play in Spring Training. The best tactic is to play your developing players in Spring Training and sit your vets. It does nothing for them. It's really just extra training and development.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe they still get Training during Spring, but I'm not 100% on that. I thought it was the one time during the season that you can double dip.

If he doesn't get much playing time, you might be better off with him in AAA. Might be worth considering injuries and stuff before determining his level each week.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/176251

Personally I'd try and send him back to AAA for a bit. I'm sharing a "comp" as an example:

Stewart was doing "just ok" performance wise in the bigs when I took over, but he didn't have any AAA at bats. I sent him back down to the minors all the way to AA as suggest by AI (<- meaning it knew, the bastard!) when I realized he had phenom potential but had been promoted by the AI way too early. After doing that he gained 8 SI in AA in 2041 and then 7 SI in AAA in 2042. And then he won the MVP when I brought him back to the bigs in 2043, a big step up from "just ok".

Your guy already some AAA at bats, so it's not as dire of a situation. However, I'd still call his performance "just ok", and for a prolific slugging comment he's not showcasing power yet. Could it be not enough minors development? Can't say for sure but i really think stewart would have stunted to some extent if i didn't do what i did. Also, you're not trying to develop guys to 90%-95% of their potential if you want to get the most out of them, you want 100%. So I'd try and get him some time at AAA to round that out and give him the best chance at a killer career.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
That's what i'm going to do. Thank you gentlemen.

Previous Page | Show All |