Help

Forum >> Help >> Management Setting for an Extra Inning Reliever?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If i want two of my pitchers to be used only in extra innings or a late inning mop-up, would i use LHS/RHS with fatigue at 40-50 or more pitches plus enter in 8 or 9th inning?

I have a couple of pitchers in my doghouse right now--the only spots I would use them is when just about everyone else is used up (game decided or extra innings desperation)

thanks in advance
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think if you configured it that way, you'd be getting those pitchers put in during close games in late innings.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The AI will bring in LRs for mop up. So just set an LR up with a later inning. He will be lower priority than everyone else, but will come in for mop-up.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you are doing it with two pitchers, you can emulate a LR by setting up a MR to come in the first inning. You can always emulate MRs by setting up a SET to come in earlier as well. Take a look at the substitution logic in the manual, it will help you figure out the best way to use the positions. For the most party the lower on the list, the higher priority to come in (with a couple special cases like mop-up and closing).

But be cautious with LHS and RHS, if the correct handed batter isn't up at the time of the trigger they won't come in.

Also, it mostly sounds like you are trying to figure out how to make a LR who doesn't pitch if the game is still close (lots of offense). If you want them to be able to mop-up blowouts from earlier innings, just leave them as normal LRs who can come in 1st inning, but use the RD deltas to ensure they only come in during blow outs. That's basically the role of a LR, but you are cutting out the edge case where the starter gets pulled early, but your offense has kept you in the game.

Updated Saturday, July 4 2020 @ 3:33:32 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |