Help

Forum >> Help >> How big a difference is the difference?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I see a lot of big league pitchers with most their pitching stats in the double digits. Most have a weak spot as well but the good ones obviously have better stats.

But how good is 'good'?

I expect 10 to about average, considering some are superstars and there's a lot of garbage FAs to weight off against. But how much 'better' is a guy with a 12 velocity compared to a 10, all other stats being equal?

In other words, is one pitcher 'good' by being better than the average? How much better should someone with all 15s be than one with all 10s?

A followup question as well, can an 'average' youngster do well enough as a starter, or do you just plain old need guys with strong stats?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I would say that two points in one skill is a small difference...and with scouting uncertainty, that maybe even less. Five points, that’s pretty significant.

What skill level you need to compete at various levels really varies. Does an above average overall scouting assessment mean he’s a future starter in the Legends league —probably not.

Steve
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, Steve.

Previous Page | Show All |