Help

Forum >> Help >> Keep Him or Jettison Him   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Tyler Keefer, ID#162977, is my closer. I have other pitchers, though they are unproven. My first instinct is to let him go, but he had a great year last year...39 saves with 6 blown, ERA in the twos. On the other hand, he's 33 years old, he has the third highest salary on my team, a FIP from last year in the fives, his whip has gone up 3 years straight, and he lost 4 skill points across the board in all key categories except Stamina. Opinions? Thanks

Updated Friday, June 19 2020 @ 10:46:48 am PDT
envican

Hartford Bears
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Kind of depends on your finances and if you have anyone better, but I'd lean towards jettison
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
His FIP from last year seems like it's inflated because of those six home runs he gave up, but that could be a bit of a small sample size to judge it. His walk rate was also up and strikeout rate down, but hey, he managed to give up fewer earned runs.

I agree that losing skill in all four areas is concerning.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I’d put him on a short leash the first month of the season. If he does good, then he can keep the closer job, but if he blows 3/4 saves in the first month I’d tell him Thanks for your service, kick rocks
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
For me, I just see if they can convert a good % of saves and I don't give a *beep* how messy things get. Closers do start to demand high salaries though.

Previous Page | Show All |