Help

Forum >> Help >> What to do?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder why Virgil, ID#175931, ended up stunted? Not enough AAA? Is it too late to remedy at age 27? Suggestions? Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its possible that he stunted a little because he only spent 1 year in AAA. But its not necessarily the case. I have lots of guys on my team that appear more stunted then Virgil, despite spending plenty of time in the minors.

Some factors to consider:

- players continue to grow after 27. I've had players popping in skills in their 30s.

- Sublevels aren't shown. If numbers are getting rounded down, he may have more total SI than you are actually seeing.

- Players can be underrated. Meaning that His actual SI may be higher than what shows in his ratings.

At the end of the day you really want to judge your players on their performance and not get too wrapped up in SI.

Regardless of his continued SI growth, he probably isn't going to become a drastically different player at this point. If he plays well keep him. If he plays poorly, move on.

Carrasco is a good example. 1.5 seasons in AAA (and AA) was probably not enough for him, but he was too old to stay in the minors. A POT 14 that stunted at 97 SI (barely POT 12). However he has still performed at a high level. So I assume that while he may have stunted a bit, he is probably also very underrated.

Updated Wednesday, June 17 2020 @ 4:04:54 pm PDT
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock

Previous Page | Show All |