Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitcher Fatigue   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
How is pitcher fatigue calculated? Is it based on number of pitches? If I have a starting pitcher who only plays one inning, will he then be able to start again sooner then he normally would?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes to a degree, but starters all fatigue a good amount no matter what. A guy who pitches one inning might only go down to 20% instead of 0%. Might make him fully rested a day sooner.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Does anyone know at what point on the fatigue bar that a pitchers performance will be in obviously decline? For instance, if i see a starting pitcher whos fatigue bar has 8 or 9 out of 10 boxes filled up and i start him, will he stink at that level? Obviously its best to start a pitcher with full rest, but im wondering about extenuating circumstances, like trying to squeeze in your best pitcher in the playoffs for a must win start? Or maybe because of injuries?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitchers start the game at their Fatigue level. As the game progresses, their get more fatigued, and perform worse. Its gradual over the course of the game. So everyone has their own opinions of when to pull a guy. I give my starters relatively low pitch counts, especially guys who aren't great. The better they are, the longer they can pitch at a high level.

Previous Page | Show All |