Help

Forum >> Help >> Some advices for first off-season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think Madrigal looks bad. But I agree he should be in the minors (for the reasons stated above).

Gutierrez was in AAA for most of the season? He definitely needs some more time in AA. He looks great, but I wouldn't rush him. He is still very young, so the early promotion shouldn't hurt him too much in the long run.

Luther is a good example of the type of guy you could bring up at the end of a season. He is very young, so no risk of him turning 25 before he achieves all his minor league training. Just make sure anyone like that you bring up is actually getting playing time (for Experience), because they will get less Training.
MVP2005GM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Additional question from someone entering first off-season....any help/advice appreciated. How does moving franchise work? If my team is Blacksburg, VA I assume I cannot simply move to Alaska or Hawaii or something....are there limits, and how do I go about relocating the team, some type of options screen that have to pick from or can I make up my own new home town for the team, provided it's a real city?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 If you go to your Profile page (top link in the bottom section at the left), there’s a button labeled “Update Settings”. Click that. From there, there are pulldown lists of cities that are available for you to relocate your team. East teams do need to stay in the East and West teams do need to stay in the West, as you suspect.

If a particular city isn’t available, that means either Steve doesn’t have that team in the available list or there’s already another team based in that city. In the case of the former, you can always ask Steve if he’d be willing to add the city.
jamanys

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you a lot rock and fury i will apply your advices for sure
envican

Hartford Bears
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
This may be a stupid question, but do you just have to login at 3 am to get the good FAs or do they all revert to waivers? It seemed like they all ended up on waivers last off-season but I wasn't sure
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 They all go to waivers, yeah.
envican

Hartford Bears
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
And they are longer waivers (like three days) so less pressure. Although players who are dropped after the season flip can still be on shorter waivers (like one day).
jamanys

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another question. the change of player's capacity after the season-flip are indicated?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe so. It should be visible shortly after the "Age Players" entry runs from the event page (on Saturday).

There is no normal training update on the first Friday, so that information sticks around for over a week.

Updated Thursday, June 11 2020 @ 10:38:18 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |