Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor League/Major League   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Just so i understand, if i take a major league player who is 26 or under and send him to the minors on a Saturday, and then on Thursday morning, a day before the training update on Friday morning, i put him back into the majors, what will happen? Will he be credited for the minor league time from Saturday to Thursday? Or is it determined only by where the player is at the time of the training update{Friday morning}? I'm wondering is there anyway to get training and experience in the same week? I suspect not, but i need to get my head fully around how this works exactly. Thank you.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
They are credited for majors or minor league only, and it depends on where they are during the update on Friday morning. If he is in the minors he will not get credit for major league experience or training. If he is in the majors he will not get credit for minor league training (no experience is gained in the minors).

So no, you can't get training (or experience) from both places.

Note, you do get training in the majors. In fact if its their correct level, you probably get more training in the majors (but it is small in general).

However, you do not get position experience for sitting the bench in the majors (while you do in the minors).

Updated Thursday, June 4 2020 @ 2:14:01 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there a way to get training and experience the same week?

Your example sounds backwards if this is what you are attempting. Think you'd want to put a AAA rated guy in the majors for the week, give him playing time (for experience) and send him down on Thursday (for training).

During spring training players double dip. Your minor league guys get the full benefit of training and experience. Its long been a question of whether it works that way during the normal season.

It's possible you don't get the full benefit of experience if you are in AAA for the update. If that's the case you could potentially do harm to the player (the benefits of experience drop off after a certain number of ABs / IPs, or is it with training updates at max level?).

A lot of attention to detail has gone into this game. I'd be surprised if there was a loop hole that allowed double dipping during the regular season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually Steve has stated in (much) older posts that you only get the effects of one or the other (outside spring training). I don't believe its in question. I'm pretty sure that exact example was given previously and Steve said that you would lose all the Experience from ABs and BFs if the player was placed in the minors prior to the update. In the same way, a player placed in the majors will not receive the training they would have gotten from being in AAA (but will get major league training).

I'm less certain about how position training works since that was put in place later. But Steve has said that player receive position experience for their assigned position in the minor (rather than playing time), while players in the majors definitely receive position experience for defensive innings played. I assume that you would lose those defensive innings played in the same way you lose PA and BFs if the player is demoted to the minors prior to the update.

EDIT: Just to clarify, Steve said that minor league players "mostly" get position experience based on their assignment. So there might be some small benefit from innings played. However that part was left intentionally vague.

Updated Friday, June 5 2020 @ 2:22:41 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The first part of your post is consistent with my recollections, but I don't trust my memory as much as I once did. :)

I feel you are overanalyzing "mostly" in your edit. There have been official posts saying there is no training benefit from minor league playing time. One of the most common complaints in the help forum is about minor league playing time.

Suggesting that there are benefits to minor league playing time when we've been told there aren't exacerbates the issue.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't remember Steve ever saying it without a qualifier, so I felt the need to include it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is why I think playing time does have some impact.

Henry Ras - I've been playing him exclusively at C for 5 years now. However, because he is a decent OF, the AI managers have managed to get him ~25 games each year in the OF. In five seasons his OF training has not dropped.

Vicente Diaz - Came into the game as a 2B, but never should have been. I've been playing him in the OF for the past three seasons. The AI managers have never given him more than 3 games in a season. His skill at 2B has dropped.

Neither player played any time in the majors, but only the guy who didn't get minor league playing time in his position dropped in skill level. I've seen lots of examples like this. So I believe playing time does have an impact on guys maintaining their position skill in the minors.

Although it may only impact the maintenance of secondary positions (everything other than the one you selected for them).

Updated Friday, June 12 2020 @ 8:03:55 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |