Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor League   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
How many games are considered a season in the minors? 162? Also, if I send down a 27yo player to the minors, and when I look I notice he hasn't acquired any stats (I assume he's not playing) does that mean he won't acquire any training then?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Game-time isn't supposed to have much if any effect on training. However a 27 year old may not have any room left for training. Training and Experience are two different pools of SI. Also players start to lose the ability to gain benefits of training in the minors after 26. I think they can still gain at 27 if they haven't already gotten all their training, but it is very slow. Also worth noting that players do still gain training in the major league as well. So I would only put a 27 year old guy down if he is grossly under trained.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, but by what measure is a player considered to have played a whole season of minor league? Some of my players play only a few games in a minor league season, is that considered an entire season? I'm trying to make sure my players who aren't too old have all played at least 2 years of each level in the minors. How is a year determined ? For instance, one of my minor league players played only 65 games one season of minors, is that considered a full season? Do owners count At Bats or games played? If you feel a certain player still needs more minor league time, after he's got the message no room for improvement, how do you determine that? Are you counting innings played, games or at bats, or do you simply give all your players extra time in the minors, and how do you determine they've had enough? Is there some type of measuring stick other then the year displayed next to their stats?

Updated Wednesday, May 27 2020 @ 12:37:40 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel your plan here is counterproductive. Not all players require 2 seasons at each level. If you force players to play at a level they are not recommended for your training will be suboptimal.

The maximum number of games a position player can play in a minor league season is 140. If he reaches that and there are still minor league games to be played the player will not be selected anymore.

Fuzzier for pitchers. The maximum starts a pitcher can make in a minor league season is 35. But they can also pitch in relief. I haven't watched closely enough to see if pitchers still get selected as relievers after they reach 35 starts.

These are maximums - Cal Ripken Jr seasons. A "full" season seems like an arbitrary concept.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Correct 140 games is max in minor seasons. For 16-19 2 seasons at every lvl is possible. 20-25 College player or Asian/International tend to go Aball their first years. Pitcher play all season. the season is training update2-8 updates 1,9,10 no minor league games are played. I use AB to see if he is on bench or starting because more AB means he is staying in games. For pitchers I use innings the more means he is staying in games and not being pulled. Overall the AI recommended lvl is best for 85% of players the other 15% the AI is wrong and you put a player were you want. For fielding your choice will 80% of time a player will play 2B the others are 20% random player assigned. It takes at least 2-3 seasons at a position for your player to learn it. It is easy to train positions in lower lvl than recommended. Hope this helped.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure I still buy the AI is correct 85% of the time.

Its also worth noting that a guy can play a full year in the minors and have 0 games played. So its not a good idea to go by games alone. Games can help if you are trying to estimate how much time a player split between two levels, but don't assume 140 games is a "full season." Vallejo played a full season in 2042 racking up fewer than 20 IP. His 2043 season would have been even worse if I wasn't playing silly games to get him some statistics in rookie ball.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
opps, wrong post

Updated Wednesday, May 27 2020 @ 3:34:26 pm PDT
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys.

Previous Page | Show All |