Help

Forum >> Help >> First Base Profile   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry that was in response to Geech's post and you posted in the meanwhile.
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The two outfielders I got for platoon spots because they hit one side or the other well.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I can see that you are doing pretty well in RD. So I assume you are going for promotion. In that case the rules are a bit different. I still always look to bring in guys that are an investment, but you probably want the best hitters right now.

It looks like you are mostly playing Henriksson at 1B, who wasn't on the original list, and looks like a good young option against RHP.

So its really just the platoon and McClellan isn't cutting it, so you are looking for other options. It makes sense to give Lee a shot, but you are sill playing McClellan in the field? I would probably switch those guys, or better yet, find someone better than McClellan. He doesn't look too hot.

You could just play Decker at 1B when Conrad heals up.
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Henriksson's been mainly at first against right handed pitchers, but I thought of putting him in left to increase range there. (I've been using a platoon of Christian Rosas and Sung Jin Lee there to start the season, but both are lacking in range.)

McClellan was actually my other first baseman for all of last year and the beginning of this year, playing against lefties. He was fantastic last year. He's another guy I thought to use in the outfield to improve range there.

So, if they play in left, then I move to a platoon of Rosas and Lee at first.

That is, unless I move my shortstop there and get better range at short.
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
And, again, Rosas and Lee are not first basemen. Nor is my shortstop.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Range is valuable. But having capital 1B at First is also valuable. Hard to say what the trade-off is.

McClellan did do well last season, but it looks like an anomaly. He has a extensive history of not doing well...
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
lol I honestly don't remember what I was thinking when I acquired him, but it was to the point where I wanted him in against RHP last year, too.
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright, gonna take a flyer on this guy with the solid baseball name. Appreciate the advice!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Already shipped him out?
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know it was quick. .195/.244/.244 in 42 League plate appearances, though.

Previous Page | Show All |