Help

Forum >> Help >> Form   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So just to be sure, Form doesn't have any bearing on the future? It's simply a reflection of recent performance, that's all? I find !myself wanting to shuffle my hot players up in the lineup, but unless I feel that player is overall better suited for a move up in the lineup, over the entire season,I shouldn't. If form has no bearing on future events that is. Right?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Form has no bearing on the future. However it is possible that player performance/streaks/biorhythms are programmed into the game. If such things exist, form may be giving insight into when a player is on a hot/cold streak. No one knows for sure, so its up to you to decide how you want to handle it. Just don't look at Form for their current performance. Maybe they just ended streak? Also it won't change if they don't play, so don't keep guys out forever. I think many of us will take a guy out for a series or two if they are performing poorly, and then just pop him right back into the lineup ignoring the "very cold" form which will still be showing.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a little confused here. That "it is possible" thing I don't understand . Are there built in hot and cold streaks, or are the streaks just...streaks that happen, within statistical normality, for a lack of better words?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Displayed form is statistically based from very recent performance. It is history.

We don't know if anything in the game engine causes fluctuations in performance or not.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
built in hot and cold streaks, or are the streaks just...streaks that happen, within statistical normality

Exactly. One or the other. Only Steve knows for sure.

Previous Page | Show All |