michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
How does a 4.5 pitching rotation work?
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
SP5 is suppose to pitch every other week. It was hard to manage when I tried it earlier.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't do it and have never done it.

To those who have, you had a talented bullpen and a substandard rotation, right? If that's the composition of the roster and more talent was in the bullpen, then it is worth a shot.
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was actually going to ask a similar question. Once you're out of the cup, you're playing less frequently. I was wondering if anyone drops to 4 man rotation then, or even gets rids of a couple of 'borderline' pitchers from the 13 man roster?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Four man is usually enough outside of inter-league play. But sometimes you will hit long stretches of continuous games, and you will still want to rotate in a 5th starter. If you look far enough ahead and plan well, you can probably make use of 4.5. But if you check your team daily, its easier to just go with a 5 man rotation, and "pitch highest rested starter" manually.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Ced - Unless your 5th starter is a superstar, I think limiting the rotation is always worth a shot. Bullpen isn't really a factor. Its a choice between having your #1 start or your #5. When you are out of inter-league and only playing 3 games series, you shouldn't really need 5 starters.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
#5 for me is a spot start prodigy newbie thrower who, whenever a match up is good, the newbie goes in, but otherwise #5 is a pitcher who had his day a long, long time a go but has stuff left and is an innings eater regardless of outcome.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have tried both 4 (with spot start 5th/5 in interleague) and 5 all season. Recently I have had better luck going the opposite direction pitching 5 with a spot start 6 and 6 during interleague based on matchups/fatigue... and I have been running a stellar bullpen.

Some of you are going to jump at that and say it is not necessary... but I have noticed over the years that for some starters it helps (I feel like the fatigue bar has 1more space that is not shown.) Two of my best pitchers are like that and it seems to have helped.
Ouija7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm the same here I go 5 starters and a 6th SS on that rotation I know my starters are fully fit always, on other rotations in my short time on here I have found they don't seem to be as recovered as they look sometimes or maybe I am seeing something that isn't there :) but the 5 rotation gives me piece of mind.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
During Interleague 4man is wrong you're playing starters on 3day rest in a doubleheader. I've personally never used 4man.

Previous Page | Show All |