Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Market   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I really enjoy this game, all the more when there's no real sports and fantasy leagues. I honestly think though, this game would go from exceptional to a grand slam if there was a player market, with the ability to buy and sell players. IMO, I think the game would really take off.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
You would want to move this to the "suggestions" forum. It's a common suggestion.

It would be very hard to engineer out cheating/taking advantage of new owners. The existing tool for deciding what players are allowed to be dropped within the one month time frame for new managers has severe limitations. That only has to assign a "go/no go" decision on 1 player's value, now it would have to do that on 2 players, and it's not the same value total for each trade.

Even if there was a set of protocols to avoid that, consider the body of additional work that would impart on people.

Most real life leagues are ~30 teams. Even accounting for developmental feeder leagues, it like ~100 team markets where guys are getting paid to play ball. Broken Bat is 756 teams (who already have built in minors organizations too), the amount of players to evaluate and potential trades to make would be astounding.

A better tool to implement to help managers fill voids in their teams (which is the primary goal of most trades) is to implement weekly salary reductions on free agents the longer they sit around in free agency. That's one of the easier things to implement and one of the bigger broken bat anomalies to stomach for me. Like these skilled players are really willing to miss out on the last few years of their career because they insist on making >$3MM a year? Seems a bit odd.

Previous Page | Show All |