Help

Forum >> Help >> Depth Chart   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I was viewing teams from the Legends league and I noticed most do not have any back ups listed on their depth charts. Is there a good reason for that, or is it generally a good idea to put the time in to find the appropriate backup and pencil them in? In times of an injury, does the game engine do a decent job of picking an appropriate person if I don't list one?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The backups are used if a player is injured. I always list backups for every position. Many of the Legend teams check their team between every game so they are not worried about ever having a player injured.
Coolhand

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I prefer to adjust my lineup in a way that the backup does not allow. If my SS is out, my is my best option there, so I have to manually adjust the lineup.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I assign backups because if someone gets injured and has to miss a game during the simulation times, I'd like to have a competent fielder fill in instead of a guy with say a "ss" to his list of positions, but not really suited to play ss.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Good question. I have a hunch it's because many Legends owners are paying such good attention game to game that they're ready to flip players around for injuries as it happens.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I do that, and I’m in L5. If I can spare the time, which I mostly can, I check between games and adjust lineups for injuries.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
There's a lot of talk about the teams in the top leagues are those benefitting from lucky drafts or waiver picks.....

well, we've had many examples of the vagaries of picks and waivers (as you can read in other threads about failed prospects, and such)

the truth is that it takes a lot of effort and time to stay in Legends, or League 2

a slip of attention of few weeks, like not checking the waiver wire regularly, or leaving bad pitchers / hitters in the lineup for too long, and you're down in League 3

it happened to the Mules, it happens to the best teams

this game is challenging. You need luck to succeed sure, but luck is not enough
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Luck is not enough, and skill is not enough. You need both to be in Legends.

I consider it lazy to not set backups. I check my team between games usually, but sometimes life happens and a couple games play before I can check. If the wrong guy subs because I was lazy, it could cost a game. Baseball is all about wins and small advantages. Every win counts. Every advantage counts. Not setting your subs is just being lazy, and potentially giving your opponent a small advantage.

Previous Page | Show All |