Help

Forum >> Help >> Would you cut ties?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nearly 500 Major league at bats and I am getting nothing out of Van den Heuvel.
Would you cut Ties or hang on?
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't do these often but I'm gonna jump in here. The question is really what your team philosophy is. Clearly, his strength is in his defense. Although he is scouted to be a great hitter, he hasn't yet shown that. Assuming no pot jump, he only has about seven points left, and even if three go to hitting, he will still be lacking in BC and PD, offsetting the hitting.

If you have a priority for offense, then he is expendable. If defense is your thing, then you may consider keeping him. That said, you have him in the outfield and from a defensive perspective, you should be able to find options just as good elsewhere, with better offensive production.

He's not costing you much, so salary isn't a factor in the decision, just your team philosophy. If it were me, I'd have kept him for as long as you have waiting to see how he develops, and knowing where he is now, he would be at the top of my list of cuts if I needed a roster spot.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks to me like he might have been promoted to early. The AI recommendations are super aggressive now. You could try dropping him down to AAA for a bit. But hey, it could be worse.

Previous Page | Show All |