Help

Forum >> Help >> Oh my gosh numbers!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
merin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So um after betting terrible at this the first go around, I've come back a few lyears later to give the game another go. I feel like, particularly when setting my lineup, I've gotten in over my head. I guess I didn't expect the numbers to be so, uh, all over the place. I'm not sure if a low number is bad/good for a posission/if I should move anyone around. I'd appretiate any resources asside from the manual to assist in making sense of this whole thing! Anyone have any advice or at least places I can go to read more and get a grasp on the overwhelming amount of players, numbers, posissions, and stats?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure the community will offer advice on who to play and where, but here is a link that you can use to set your best lineup, or at least give you a good start:

http://baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/LineupAnalysis.py
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow!!

Fantastic... Thanks, I will use it in real games!
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That thing gives some strange results haha. It decided that in almost every simulation Caudill should hit 6th!
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I appreciate sharing the tool but I feel it is somewhat limited because it is only using OBP and SLG so it isn't taking into account things such as base running ability. It also isn't using a minimum number of at bats so you would have to build that in yourself if you wanted to use that. It is nice though to have a tool to see what it suggests.
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When I seen this tool I decided I want to give it a try and see how it does. The prediction was 1.3 and 1.7 more runs using the line up it suggested. I guess we will see in the next couple of days as I test it out.

I had to move 7 people in each line up compared to what I had before.
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well 5 games in so far and I am 2-3. Not sure if that is working or if my team is just in a slump

Updated Tuesday, March 3 2020 @ 9:24:17 pm PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How far down the rabbit hole you guys want to go?
https://www.retrosheet.org/Research/RuaneT/lineup_art.htm

Previous Page | Show All |