Help

Forum >> Help >> Regular Season and Spring Training Settings for Pitchers in Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Should minor league pitchers be assigned a role using the Spring Training settings to effect their minor league regular season assignments/experience?

I've read in a few places in these forums that to develop players base stealing while in the minors, put their spring training setting for steal to ++.

Well, does a similar thing apply to pitchers in the minors? To develop them as starters (stamina), should one assign them to SP1 - SP5 or SS in the Spring Training pitchers module? Or to develop them as relievers/closers something similar?

And while we are at it, if we want to develop bat control in minors hitters, set the hit and run/bunt to ++ also?

Updated Thursday, February 20 2020 @ 10:21:55 am PST

Updated Thursday, February 20 2020 @ 10:23:53 am PST

Updated Thursday, February 20 2020 @ 10:25:13 am PST
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think you effect anything but spring training when you do that.
Some suggest they put base stealing at ++ in the management settings (spring training) but again I think minor league play is pretty much out of your control.
Players get the same training/position training regardless of whether they play the games or not. See other threads for more on that.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
^ ty
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Some settings apply to minor leagues. Steve told us so, but never specified which. Stealing definitely applies. Others may as well...
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock.

So I guess I will play Dr Frankenstein with my minor leaguers and see what happens.

Bahahahaha
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool. I'd love to hear what you find out :)

Previous Page | Show All |