Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Repertoire   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
or do learn prospects new pitches in the minors/spring training?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I have implemented a new algorithm for pitching repertoire that is more inline with skills. I is going to run after the playoffs complete. Hopefully, that will be the final repertoire for current players. The algorithm may be tweaked for future players.

At this time, prospects/younger players will not learn new pitches. However, as their skills increase, they will obviously become more proficient.

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Something must have gone wrong with this pitcher of mine:

http://brokenbat.org/player/48415

His scout report says he has major league unknown and only two types of pitches appear in his repertoire, and fastball is not the 1st.

He has started speaking in tongues since and my bullpen is afraid of him.

Is it possible to do anything about this?
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Err… That was no fix.

Before the pitcher repertoires came in, Charlie had major league curveball, now he has nothing?!

That makes no sense. His movement skill is 15. Any pitcher with such skill either has major league curveball or major league slider.

The bigger problem with this pitcher was not the scout report. That major league unknown he had probably only needed the “unknown” replaced by either “curveball” or “slider”.

It’s the pitcher repertoire that’s not right. It’s not coherent with the pitcher’s skills. He should at least have the slider or the curveball added to his repertoire.

Maybe this pitcher should go through the conversion process again.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry...not done fixing this yet.

Just fixed the scouting report listing "unknown" pitch type. Now am in the process of fixing the affect players.

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitcher seems fine now.

What is the minimum and maximum number of pitch types a player can have in his repertoire?
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it's 2 minimum, 5 max. Or at least that is what I generally see...

I still think it's a little weird looking at some of my starting pitchers and they only have 2 pitches, but my closer has 5.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say your ace should have had some sort of changeup added to his repertoire.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I still think it's a little weird looking at some of my starting pitchers and they only have 2 pitches, but my closer has 5.

From a game perspective, pitchers aren't really broken down into starters and relievers. I will continue to tweak the pitching repertoire to make it more in line with real baseball.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha, yeah, I know Steve... I was just making a backhand observation.

And Mig... he did use to have a change up listed but as Steve has been making changes I have noticed changes (not just with him, with other players as well).

Previous Page | Show All |