Help

Forum >> Help >> Potential Fuzzyness   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Has there ever been a player whose Potential jumped up 2 levels before? For instance, i draft a guy with Potential 11, and a few weeks later i look and see he now has a Potential 13. Has something like that ever happened? Thanks.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It appears exceedingly rare. I have a kinda-sorta example of it though in Swenson. He was picked up as a 12 POT, and technically he moved into 14 POT territory—albeit at the extreme low end of it—at 112 SI for four seasons. But that was before the 2040 change-over. Not sure about players created 2040 and beyond.

Bueller?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe I've seen it with the new players. My current belief is that if a guy jumps from 12 to 14, given the new fuzziness of POT, he is probably really a POT 13.

Raven's example was an exceedingly rare case previously, and was probably only caused by a perfect storm of an over-rated and under-scouted player. He was probably really somewhere in the POT 13 range under the hood.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW POT only changes in two cases (AFK).

#1 a player increases his SI past his POT range, POT is boosted to represent the current SI rating (regardless of accuracy).

#2 POT is updated (with fuzziness) during the season flip.

So the only way the specific case you mention would happen is if you picked your 8th rounder late in the season, and then saw him jump two POT levels after the flip. However other players you picked up in the draft at any point could also suddenly jump 2 POT on the season flip.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So am i to understand that these Potential jumps are happening with much more frequency then before. with the new Potential Fuzziness?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, but only during the season flip (first "training" update).
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
A guy I drafted as a 14 is now down to 12. First one I've had that moved 2 levels.
Ouija7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My 15 + 16 pot both dropped one, but had an 11 + 12 pot go up one.

Previous Page | Show All |