Forum >> Help >> Who do you keep...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
as the DH for next year?

Elwood Dorn

Jayden Moss

I tried Dorn at 1B and he's been brutal in the field. 19 Es this season. Granted, he just got the big 1B this season but still, brutal in the field. But man, does he rake. Even when I was getting trashed in LL5 in '42 he was my one bright spot.

Moss rakes as well, just with less power. He walks less but also Ks less. He's a year older and 1.5M cheaper but money really isn't an issue. Neither have the range to play OF nor the arm to play C. Thanks to a couple of very timely losing streaks coupled with a nice hot streak by the team I'm chasing I'm not promoting so that doesn't really matter.

I'm 90% sure who I'm dumping, just curious to see what you all think.
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
YOU could still easily win your division so do not rush it. There are many games left to be played and one cold streak by Cypress and a hot streak by you and BAM you are in first! No rush to cut...

Moss the ex- MVP as a switch hitter hit great against both LHP and RHP unlike Dorn who had a tough year vs lefties. He can play some OF IF you have a very rangy CF I think so a little more flexibility there. Plus you save like 1.3M. However he will be 31 neat year so.... But you have other older OFs who might be cuts first.
Dorn is a freakin beast as a cleanup guy and still only 29. It shows he improved immensely as a 1B so I am curious how he was the last 2 weeks defensively. His overall fielding numbers sucked but he would improve still a good amount more at 1B so there is that. IF $ is not an object Dorn would be a guy to help you win a promotion next year but he is pricey and I am concerned how he performed against lefties but maybe just a crazy year dealing with injuries? Remember tht both likely would be claimed on waivers..

What way are you leaning? I really think you can win your division still. good luck!

Since money is not an issue keep them both until you are more sure about things and feel good about their replacements. You have 2 other much older OFs so I think keep them both and put that decision off a little while. Moss is not a terrible OF and worth keeping until you find a good enough replacement especially considering your other older OFs. Dorn improved so much at 1B this year and seems like your likely 1B at a quick glance.

I know baseball but I am a newbie to this game. I think you should delay the decision until you have adequate replacements since both guys were HUGE to your success this year. What way are you leaning?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I’d keep both. I’d persevere with Dorn at 1B but I’d also try Moss in LF some of the time because you need those two guys in the lineup as much as possible.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep both. Dorn has a fld% of .985 which is pretty good. The 19 errors may seem high but the fld% says otherwise. You can thus keep both by playing Dorn at 1B
Splinter_9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep both. Dorn is fine at 1B.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know this post belongs in the venting thread but whatever...

It really doesn't matter which one I dump or keep or anything because my team is going to continue to lose games where the opponents make 5 errors or they have one ridiculous inning where they score all of their runs and do nothing the rest of the game or my team leaves 25 men on base or getting swept, at home, by a bot that has a run differential -200 compared to my own or whatever else BS this game can think of. I swear, this is one of the times I wish I could walk away from this game.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Sometimes the sims conspire against us
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I figured I would piggy back on this since I have the same problem. I have 2 24 year old right handed hitting 2B- 90 skill level, 15 range, 14 arm, and 11 hit. I am leaning one way but I would love some input from veterans if possible. It would be hard to give them both playing time very soon. I expect one to be my 2B starting next season.

Polanco- http://brokenbat.org/player/213683 a better bat but less speed and just a 12 POT vs.
Guajardo- http://brokenbat.org/player/195353 more speed (18) who steals and projects amazing in field.

So what would you do? Maybe I am off base or do I keep them both since they could be fine backups at SS/3B? A little low range and arm to be top tier SS but not terrible. If one were a lefty bat that would make it easier. Just looking for expert advice on what makes an ideal 2B? is a 14 arm a total waste at 2B? I am thinking out loud but defensively like 16/16/9 or better would maybe be ideal for a 2B? Polanco is only a 12 POT so more limited theoretically. I know that a strong arm is not as important at 2B but I would think I want more than a 6/7 to turn a DP effectively.

Of course we all would like a 15 POT but that is not realistic so being new, I am focusing on 13/12 POT. But if 12 make sure the numbers really fit the position. strong arm at C, RF, 3B, SS. weak arm in LF, 1B, and 2B. Can I order 2 STUD 21 tear old 15 POT at SS and CF for my first 2 selections please? That be fun to build my bats around followed by a couple ace SPs. Thank you fellas!
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Polanco looks replaceable to me. I mean, if he's all you have for 2B, OK, sure, but not a fan. ASSUMING he actually is a 12 POT (probably is given the scouting comments), he has 9-ish SI to go. Three goes into Fielding, two into Hitting, and three into Power, leaving one more somewhere else. Honestly doesn't look to appealing to me. Yeah, the GB/FB is sexy, but that's about all he has going for him.

Roadrunner looks more appealing to me. He has 17 more SI to add, with about eight of it going to Fielding. That leaves you about nine to optimally go into BC and PD. I'd rather play Roadrunner and cut Polanco.

Previous Page | Show All |