Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you think is there any difference between these two sentences:
- Someone hits a ground ball single through to right field
- Someone hits a single to right field
And do you think 1B and/or 2B have any fault in that the first of two sentences happened? Or is only a responsability of RF player that happened?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe the difference between the two is simply that the first is a grounder and the second is not (a line drive, bloop or whatever that was airborne).

You can't blame anyone in either scenario. Steve has said that team, not individual, range is used to determine plays. I think it's also safe to say that where the ball is said to go is random and not calculated per se.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just to clarify Steve hasn't said exactly how team range in calculated. Most of us believe it is weighted by position. In other words, your 2B range probably counts more than your 1B range in the overall team range.
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, what a pity, Would be more realistic if it was player to player. So, now I undestand why my RF has a lot of defensive work, more than un usual game... it's only a lottery...

Do you think is it the same with ther errors of a player or that date is personal of the player?

Updated Monday, December 23 2019 @ 8:06:20 am PST
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Mike -- hey if you could point out where Steve said this that would be great, b/c I have never seen this and would love to know for sure. It would make a big difference and yeah it would be kool if it was tied to specific positions as in real life.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That probably happened years ago. I can do some searching, but I doubt I'll find it.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Might help...

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/2/5150

Previous Page | Show All |