Help

Forum >> Help >> Rebuild Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So in the early to mid 2030's I had to do a complete rebuild of the Wolverines. It took time but was ultimately a massive success - currently in League III. However, the core of this team is aging. I have pieces on the team currently and in my system to be backbones of the next good Walla Walla teams. However, from some of the more experienced players who have had to rebuild (not completely) after a run of success, what are some things to look for and any advice you could give about the current state of my roster would be much appreciated.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I see whi I have so much trouble finding Canadians for my team. :) Nice too see Piper having a good season.

Ties into the Burrell thread, but young players can be a real drag on team performance. Think it's fairly common in BB to do a full rebuild, get a bunch of guys of similar age to hit their prime together, and "slingshot" up the pyramid.

The trick, as you've suggested, is decoupling. Often the core erodes together and the team slides back down.

So you try to bring in a couple young guys each season. Enough to keep the talent flow going, but not so many to tank team peformance.

Not that easy tho. The game needs to cooperate. The Dinos demise a few seasons ago can be attributed to a draft that went stone cold for a 4 year window. Got old, had to bring in more youngsters then healthy, and turned to mush.

On the other side if you have a deluge of talent it may be better to accept the drop than hold someone back. Sticking a future superstar in AAA so you can fight for 4th place is counterproductive.

I don't think I gave much advice here. Wall of text stating the obvious. I think you are doing everything right.

I think we are in for an interesting couple of seasons tho. The draft class from the first year of the new draft has meant many teams are carrying more youngsters than usual.
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for your time and response Seca.

Piper has been easily the best pitcher I've had for years, as well as a staple on Canada's World Classic team.

And I appreciate your words, even if they didn't offer specific advice about my team. The end of this year into next year is going to be a tough one as I will likely need to cut players I've homegrown from prospects to champions. Hope your fortunes continue to turn around and you can maintain your lead and get back into League II. Cheers

Previous Page | Show All |