Help

Forum >> Help >> Bunting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Am I mistaken thinking, that if a player "grounds" a ball, regardless if it's been successful, it means he has tried to bunt?

I have analyzed the data from 4 recent games against the same opponent, with the same lineup, looking at the number of bunting attempts. I have also tried to relate the bunting frequency with the "bunting" management settings. Here's what I've found (listed in the order of frequency based on the management setting):

X {2,1,1,0} /avg 1.0/
-- {1,0,0,1},{4,2,3,1},{1,0,1,1} /avg 1.3/
- {2,1,0,0},{2,1,0,1} /avg 0.9/

+ {1,0,2,1},{0,2,2,3} /avg 1.4/
++ {1,1,2,0} /avg 1.0/

I don't see any apparent correlation between the setting and the frequency. Obviously, it may mean, that the randomness of that game aspect is too high, to notice the correlation based on such a small sample.
But notice, that the correlation would be much better, if not for one player, who, despite the "--" setting, consistently has a very high number of bunting attempts.

Hence my question:

Do you think it's just by chance, and if I analyze a larger sample, say 100 games, I'd find my answer there?
Or is there some attribute, apparently hidden, which causes some player to "behave" against the management settings?
And in that latter case, is there any way to make him more "obedient"? :-D
One other possible solution, that came to my mind, is my manager's attributes. They are all rather low (except for training). But why would it affect bunting of only that one player?

Thanks a lot in advance for any answers (especially from those, who spent several seasons in the game, and had analyzed bunting, too).

avg above = average no of attempts per game per player
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Grounding the ball is different than Bunting. When you Bunt, you don't take a full swing.

Bunt opportunities are not super frequent, so you will need a good size sample set.
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, that explains where my problem was - still far from being familiar enough with the baseball game itself...

Thanks, Rock. As always, one can count on you addressing help questions quickly and in a clear way :)

So just 1 more question to you - what's the text line, in BB, which indicates it's been a bunt? I have searched through several game reports, and couldn't find anything with the string "bunt".
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't read the game logs myself, so hopefully someone who does can give you a better answer.
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple of examples from one of my recent games.

Lam bunts to the pitcher. Lam is thrown out at first by Lara. Estes advances to second base.

Washington bunts to first base. Washington is thrown out at first by Mitchell. Jennings advances to second base.

As Rock said, they're not that common - you could easily go a game or even a few without an example at all.

Updated Friday, December 6 2019 @ 2:29:09 pm PST
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks a lot, Jezzat!

Previous Page | Show All |