Help

Forum >> Help >> Form doubt   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
VI.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I would like to know, What is the impact of the Form on the offensive performance of the players?
Is it really important to try to play a player with worse numbers but better form?
Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe Form is 100% historical. Form is based on the most recent stats (see Latest on the stats page). For hitters it is completely based on batting average. For pitchers it is completely based on ERA. So if you have a guy who hit 10 HRs, but had a lot BA he will show up in poor form. So I would take Form with a grain of salt.

It is unknown how much recent performance effects current performance. Its possible that recent performance gives insight into how well a player will perform today, or its possible that there is absolutely no correlation.

One thing for sure, their Form won't improve unless they play more games to generate new "Latest" stats.
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
VI.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Then, we can say that there is no parameter called form that alters the personal parameters of each player. But the form is simply an indicator of how the player has played in his last games, is that ok?.
Therefore you should not take into account at all form when choosing one player or another but only their own skills?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has purposefully been cryptic about this. The form that is displayed is absolutely 100% based on recent performance. We don't know if there is such a thing as form that affects performance. I'm of the belief that form is a small factor. Why would Steve have added displayed form if there isn't any form causing a variance to performance? If it doesn't matter at all, it's a sick joke. That being said, I only consider the enigmatic form factor if I have two players I think are almost exactly equal, which almost never happens.

Updated Saturday, December 21 2019 @ 3:13:36 am PST
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Magicians: Steve has purposefully been cryptic about this.

Agreed. I'm starting to think the Hot-Cold-o-Meter affects future performances. I'm also starting to wonder if there's a pattern: Medium -> Cold -> Injured -> Reset.
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
I've noticed that form does have an impact on future performance,especialky pitchers. I will normally switch out a SP who is cold to a relief position for awhile if I have the flexibilty to limit the damage until they get back to normal or hot

Previous Page | Show All |