Help

Forum >> Help >> Great Hitters   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I need to make room for this weeks draft choice. The player i'm thinking of dropping is a Great Hitter (Jaime Rendon, ID#192023) though. Is that a no-no? I'm very hesitant to drop a player with that designation. How do experienced managers feel about this? Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Unfortunately "Great Hitter" scouting doesn't actually make them a great hitter. I've cut lots of "Great Hitters", and kept even more who turned out to be duds. Palu and Berrera are a couple recent examples. So I wouldn't be afraid of cutting a guy just because he has that scouting report. It does make me do a double take on the player though, and you can be sure someone will pick up any guy you drop with that rating.

Rendón looks like a pretty average prospect. A bit of a slant towards hitting lefties over righties. May have a little more power than he is showing, but doesn't have a good GB/FB to support it. Has a solid build for the OF, and all of his hit ratings are progressing well. Will probably be a little on the low side for PD in the end. Any cut is a gamble, but I think Rendón's upside is just as an above average OF who should probably be vLHP platoon. Not a bad prospect, but unlikely to be a superstar. Seems like a reasonable cut (without looking at the rest of your roster).

michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock!

Previous Page | Show All |