Help

Forum >> Help >> Managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That totally depends on your own philosophies. I think your manager is pretty decent. You might be able to find better if you keep your eye on the available managers.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, i can live with that, for now. As long as he just doesn't plain suck. Thanks.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
As long as he just doesn't plain suck.

We all have different thresholds, but I would say your manager is pretty terrible. A vanilla straight 10s would give you 60 points. Your guy is showing 61. It's possible he may "sharpen" further, but given his scouting any gains may be offset by losses.

I'd definitely invest some time in finding a new guy. It is not fun. But the bright side is when you find a good manager that is in his 40s you are set for like 25 seasons. That's like 7 real life years of play.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Most of the managers out there aren't much better than vanilla. You have to be very lucky to pick up a good manager. Or cheat by dropping a manager off a bot team.

Personally I consider Hitting development to be the most critical because pitchers don't seem to have a lot of issues developing when they hit the majors. While he might be able to get a couple more SI in another manager, I'm not sure they will have as nice a build. Most guys out there for free have some sort of glaring weakness. I actually like this guy's overall build.

There is stud on the boards right now per chance, but he also has a hefty price tag.

Updated Wednesday, November 20 2019 @ 10:16:44 am PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Most of the managers out there aren't much better than vanilla. You have to be very lucky to pick up a good manager. Or cheat by dropping a manager off a bot team.

That's why it takes some time / effort to find a good one.

Remember back before search by potential? Time / effort put into loading up player page after player page was a way to get ahead.

Managers are maybe the last vestige of that. By grinding out a good manager you can give yourself an advantage. If you have upward aspirations, you shouldn't settle.

Battle Creek's old manager was one of those S-tier guys. Can't recommend 8.6 million in salary for a lower division team. But I'm a little surprised he's fallowing.
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Piggy-backing on this a bit in hopes of some more tips.

Is the "scouting report" on Managers similar to how it works with players? I mean, if a guy has a line that says "he's excellent at developing pitchers" but is only currently an 11 in Pitcher Dev, does that mean he's likely to increase that stat further?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes and no. The primary difference is that managers don't develop, they reveal. In other words, that Excellent guy who is showing 11 now is really an 18 (or something like that). He shows as an 11, but he performs as an 18 from day one.
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
VI.6

Broken Bat Baseball
My manager is 75 years old. Im affraid he past away in a game. Is that age important for play?
Could you say me, please if is it necessary to change him?
Please dont say him I'm thinking to change him.

Experience: 10 years Defense: 9 Fielding Dev.: 9
Salary: $2.40M Pitching: 12 Pitcher Dev.: 14
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Have you seen any of his attributes actually drop? I'm not sure how the aging works with managers. Right now he still looks pretty good as long as he is performing to those numbers.
miszapatos

Manteca Cerdos
VI.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok thanks

Previous Page | Show All |