Help

Forum >> Help >> Scorpions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Splinter_9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I took over my team at the end of August, which was just after the 2042 season started. I've been trying to upgrade the overall talent on the team, and mostly striking out this recent waiver sweepstakes.

If anybody out there likes looking over teams and can point out any glaring moves I could/should make, I would appreciate it.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just a couple of general points, after looking at your minors:

* I see a lot of hitters without a hitting comment. A couple of those may turn out to be decent gambles for LL VI, iffy for V. In particular, non-SS bats that have a comment "never be a decent hitter" are practically never worth it. Work on finding some bats with hitting comments and trimming a couple of those bats with no hitting comments. Tafoya and Kirk for example.

* Too many bats, not enough pitchers in your minors. The pitchers you do have are not going to help you much. Bradley and Dorn might be OK for you, so hang on to them I suppose. Note that pitchers that "only" are 12 POT can be valuable all the way up to Legends, and 11 POT pitchers, if wisely chosen, can have value in VI and V, for sure.

* Some reading material for you here. Keep in mind that a few seasons back draft player scouting accuracy got a bit more fuzzy. Just because they show 13 or 14 POT doesn't always mean they are such. Oh, and just generally, just because a player is a 13 or 14 POT doesn't make them a stud. Hard lesson to learn, but one to learn early.

* After reading some of that material, might consider updating some defensive positions. Would rather have Bryant at CF, for example. Guess if you have not other choice, Guillen at DH will have to work, but he's another one of those "can't hit" bats. I'd take probably 20 different free agents over Guillen at DH myself. *shrug*

* Dickson won't help you in the rotation. His HR/9 is awful. I'd rather spend 1.0M elsewhere. Dig around the free agents. Also, if you end up cutting some of the not-so-good minors, you can make room for adding a bullpen arm; you could use another one.

* Bonus: Go to the team pages of some of the higher level league players and see who they are picking up as free agents and on waivers. It may help guide you in what to look for. You'll see a lot of one- and two-claim guys in transaction logs. If a LL 2 or Legends player is picking them up, there's a decent chance they're doing it for an educated reason.

P.S. Friday draft is your first chance to apply what you read. Good luck!

Updated Thursday, November 7 2019 @ 6:34:36 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |