Help

Forum >> Help >> Rookie/A players in Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Just curious: I know spring training is all about getting reps for guys 25 and below basically, so they can get in game XP and hopefully the associated SI gains.

My question is do you try and sprinkle the ABs across all minors levels, or focus on the more polished AA/AAA players or the really young guys (A/rookie)?

In MLB its common to start with a wider net where everyone on the roster gets some looks, then as time goes on you start focusing on guys who could make an impact as a call up that year, but just curious how broken bat owners typically play it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I used to try and get everyone equal playing time. But now I focus more on guys who are about to go up. So mostly AAA and young major leaguers. I also usually pull out any major leaguers after Friday. Just to lessen the chances they get hurt to start off the season. So more AA and A players get a chance at that point, but I still prioritize AAA guys.

Also, I will put more time into guys who I have more confidence will be keepers in the long run. So I might put in a sure thing POT 14 A guy over a border line AAA guy who I'm not sure will make the squad.

Also, Spring is a great time for position training, so I usually play guys in positions I am trying to get them to learn. No harm if they are booting balls in spring, and better training return than the minors (I think).

Updated Monday, November 4 2019 @ 3:39:07 pm PST
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
All good points. I would say I am mostly in line with that too!

Previous Page | Show All |