Help

Forum >> Help >> Tutor/Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tayshaun22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does it make any difference which affiliate a player is assigned to in the minors? Are you really supposed to promote him through the system with age?
Let's say I have a player whose main role is OF, while his attributes clearly make him a very good short stop. Will there be any problems with him playing SS? Will he need a period of adjustment?

Also, thank you Steve for all your answers to my noob questions. I really appreciate it.
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My understanding is that if you continue to play the OF at shortstop over a few seasons (in spring training) they will eventually develop into a shortstop. They'll still primarily be an OFer but will have a secondary ability to play SS. I wonder if that's really feasible though... I think it's more likely that the OFer will develop into a corner infielder.
tayshaun22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not asking if it will eventually say SS next to him. I'm asking if he will drop balls or throw into the stands. The guy is listed as an OF, but he has great defensive attributes in all three skills. So it makes sense to me to play him at SS.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From the rules:

Primary Position & Position List: the primary position (the position listed at the top right of the player page or on the left side of the roster page), is the position that a player is most experienced at playing. It's not necessarily the position he would be best suited to play in the long term. The position list (available on lower right side of the player page), lists all the positions that a player is experienced playing (those in upper case have more experience, those in lower case have less experience). A player can gain position experience by playing at that position in any game (including spring training games) which over time will result in the position list expanding or changing. Additionally, with sufficient playing time at another position, a player's primary position can change. This, however, make take as long as a couple of seasons to occur.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Does it make any difference which affiliate a player is assigned to in the minors? Are you really supposed to promote him through the system with age?

Yes, it does matter. If you go to the Roster – Reassign Players page, there is a recommendation as to what level he should be at. It’s a product of training, which is loosely related to age, time and the system and where he game from.

Let's say I have a player whose main role is OF, while his attributes clearly make him a very good short stop. Will there be any problems with him playing SS? Will he need a period of adjustment?

Yes, there will be a “period of adjustment”, but if he has better skills to be a SS, it may be worth playing him there and allowing his position experience to accumulate (especially for younger players). Note, all young players have a period where they will be less than 100% productive while it takes them time to accumulate big league experience.

Steve
tayshaun22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What is the tiebraker for league and cup? Is it head to head or run difference?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Run difference

Steve
tayshaun22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When is the first moment when teams will be able to sign free agents? Can you be as precise as possible? :)
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I know this is not the precise response you want but I sugesst you keep an eye on the events page which gives advance notice of schedule activity on the suvey
http://brokenbat.org/events

Also, to try and spread the talent around players are released from waivers at different times so you probably won't be able to snap-up all the players you want just by getting in early

I don't know if it is deliberate, but it seems the better players I have targeted take longer to come off waivers. You may need to be patient and lucky with your timing.

Hope this helps
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly as above. Precisely after the season flip, they will begin to come off of waivers over the course of the next week.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |