Help

Forum >> Help >> Infielders (2nd,3rd and ss)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Regarding 2ND, 3RD and SS, would most experienced managers prefer: A. A great offensive player with mediocre defensive skills or B. A great defensive player with very good fielding, arm and range but mediocre offensive skills? Thanks.
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
At SS, I would prioritize the defensive stud, as long as he's not truly a zero on offense.

For 3B, I'm more OK with focusing on offense as long as he's not a big defensive liability.

For 2B, it's tougher for me. Defense is very important to me for a 2B, but I wouldn't want to give up too much on the other side of the ball either.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I prioritize D for SS, O for 3B, and Range for 2B. So for 2B I want the best O player I can get with high range (and preferably decent fielding).
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, good info gang!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, some of the top teams in the game prioritize D in all those positions. Others prioritize O. Its really up to your philosophy (part of the fun of the game). It can also be worthwhile to check out some of the teams in the top leagues to see which choices they made.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Traditional baseball is defense up the middle (C, 2B, SS and CF) and offense at the corners (1B, 3B, RF, LF). But there are so many stud middle infielders these days hitting 20+ HRs (but striking out 100+), that I think that logic has changed.

A lot of teams seem like they only have a defensive player a catcher these days.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |