Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone explain why the computer wants me to demote this player:

http://brokenbat.org/player/181059
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Because they previous owner (AI) promoted them skipping over AAA. So the player didn't get all the training they should have. They do get some training in the majors, and given his progress he will probably be fine either way, but its possible he will end up shorted a couple SI by the end because of the rushed promotion. Given your current team standing, at his age, it would be easy to get the SI back putting him back into AAA. So its not a bad idea to drop him down for a week or two at least.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Given your current team standing, at his age, it would be easy to get the SI back putting him back into AAA. So its not a bad idea to drop him down for a week or two at least.

This seems completely pointless to me. How much training do you expect to get in 2 updates?

The player has reached his all of his written scouting thresholds. He's reached his potential threshold. He's also continued to add SI this season at a very significant rate.

And he made the all-star team. I get the desire to be cautious, but it seems unnecessary in this case.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Drop the player. I'll pick him up and find a spot on the major league roster for him.😇
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This seems completely pointless to me. How much training do you expect to get in 2 updates?

Whats the point in leaving him up? A 114 could actually mean an 85 under the hood. Don't forget about scouting inaccuracies. And 114 is VERY low on the SI scale for a POT 14. Why would you not put him down if you could gain and extra 2 or 3 (maybe even 7) SI in the players development. That 2 or 3 SI can translate into 50 more OPS. Totally worth it in my mind. Especially when there is nothing to lose this year by giving him time in AAA. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Splinter_9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A)So will players get more training in AAA than in the majors (up to a certain age)?

B) Will a player get more training at any specific level, or is it the level the computer recommends?

I'm trying to make my major league team better, and I think I have since I took over. However, my team is not getting promoted, so I'm definitely taking a long term approach.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players gain SI based on gains to Experience and Training. Experience is only gained through playing Major League games. Training is gained at all levels, but players gain Training most quickly if they are at the "correct" level.

The "correct" level is hidden. The AI recommendation gives you a fuzzy idea of what the correct level is, but the AI recommendation is not 100% correct. Its just better than a blind guess.

My educated guess based on the fact that player skipped AAA entirely is that AAA is still the best level for that player.

Training seems to bottom out around 27 years old. At least in the minors. Many players who have been in the wrong level for too long, don't actually earn all of their training, and end up being "stunted", meaning they didn't reach their maximum potential. "Stunted" players can still be fabulous players.

Previous Page | Show All |