Help

Forum >> Help >> New Draft Impressions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless i'm missing something, as far as i'm concerned this new draft system completely sucks! I've drafted 5 straight rounds of starting pitcher and all i got were nines, tens, elevens and twelves. I've seen one 13 potential. Needless to say i drafted him. One 13 out of 50 players The others i've drafted, a Potential 10, 11 and two 12's. What gives? My pitching completely sucks and i was determined to really focus on Pitching this year. I was hoping to stock up on a few 13's and maybe if lucky something higher. Boy was i dreaming.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There is more fuzziness in POT now. So some of those 11s and 12s are actually 13s.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So how does this work then...when would i find out their true potential? Relatively soon, a season or two perhaps? Or much longer?
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I still have all five players i drafted this season. A potential 10, 11, two 12's and a 13. I have 50 players and would like to make room for a waiver wire pickup, but i'm not sure how this works; how long i should hold on to them till i find their true potential? Anything that you could shed light on would be appreciated, thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
POT has never been a real measuring stick by itself. I've cut dozens of POT 14 players because they were bad. Its more valuable to look at how their ratings grow over the seasons, and what their tendencies look like in the minors (like stealing, GB/FB, etc.). Much of the game is about educated guesses. Evaluate your players and try to figure out who is likely to do well in the future. For the most part you can ignore POT once they are on your team.

I don't think anyone knows the time frame, but if its anything like skill sharpening it could take several seasons to get close to the real number.

Previous Page | Show All |