Help

Forum >> Help >> Everyday reliever?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
patborders

Texarkana Twisters
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ross Hays has been OK as a starter, but I expected more...(Did I ruin him by giving him those 18 innings when he was 23?)

I'm considering moving him into a role where he pitches as much as possible in middle relief, rather than as an every 5 day starter. Ideally, he would get starter innings, but from a relief role.

1) Is this a stupid idea?
2) If I wanted to do it, what would be the best way to adjust my settings? Specifically, if I want him to appear in the most games possible, where do I set Smallest RD, Largest RD, and First Inning? For role, do I go with MR?

Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd still keep him as a starter. Not all players reach their potential, but they can still be very good players.

If you have other pitchers that you think can do better than him as a starter, you can move him to middle relief and have him enter in the 4-5 inning and have a pitch count of about 50-70.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
He seems like a starter to me too. Looks like last year was just a rough year. Maybe even unlucky, looks like lefties hit him well for some reason. His development and career stats like K/BB ratio, BAA, and WHIP are all pretty great.

Previous Page | Show All |