Help

Forum >> Help >> Training Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If i take a player of mine that has 2 or 3 seasons of minor league training left, and instead play him on my major league team, starting against both left and right handed pitchers, will his growth curve still continue at a normal rate? Or will that stunt his growth possibly? Conversely, if i take a player who's now in the majors, but still has a couple seasons of growth left, and send him down to the minors for a few seasons, will he grow at the same rate as if he played in the majors? If not, will it be slower or faster? Thank you.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players grow best at their suggested level (for the most part). If you have a 24 year old guy in the majors who gets 0 ABs each week sitting on the bench, he may do better in AAA.

Pushing a guy up 2-3 seasons early is very likely to stunt their development.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Further to Rock's post, if you promote prospects too early their growth curve will continue at the prevous rate, but they will almost certainly never reach their potential, not even the minimum. Following the recommended levels is always the best plan, the only grey area being players aged 25-26 who are best handled on a case-by-case basis.

Previous Page | Show All |