Help

Forum >> Help >> Team help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Sammyru

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just looking for a little help with my team. I think I have made some good moves but not really sure how to play them.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Not done one of these for a while.

C: Beasley is outstanding, and its nice he plays so many games as catchers are usually easily injured. Beauchamp I guess is a reserve SS only, I like guys who can hit over guys who can play defense, but its up to you.

1B: Luna should be your everyday 1B, if he can keep hitting around .250 against LHP. He doesn't have the Range for OF, you want 12-13 Range as a minimum in the OF.

2B: Cuevas is a good glove but can't hit, I'd play Hess over him because Hess should be far superior at the plate. Azumi should NOT play here, no Range for 2B or SS (you want 15+). He could play 1B, 3B (with enough practice) or DH.

3B: Vergara is another very nice player,

SS: Morales is a nice. Syzmanski doesn't have the glove for SS and can't hit, so is a reserve OF only - I cut those guys because I prefer hitters as reserves. Feliciano can't field the position either but at least could play OF and can get on base, although he hits too many groundballs.

OF: Ehhh....Ford plays a nice defensive CF but doesn't really hit. Brewer is an average LF offensively and defensively and doesn't have power. Feliciano would be a solid RF but similar hitter to Brewer. Parks has the power for DH but can't hit enough. Cleary is another defensive reserve who should have been a 2B, but again can't hit. If you play Azumi at 3B against RHP you could play Vergara here, which might help your hitting.

Overall you need better hitting and power in the OF and for reserves.

P: Bales had a fluke season last year, I would be shocked if he could repeat that with those awful career numbers. Cormier doesn't convince me either - Movement is arguably the most important skill for a pitcher. Outside of those two your pitching is pretty good.

Minors

Some nice prospects here. Drew (AAA) is a cut, won't hit enough. Steele (AA) should be learning 2B, he has an ideal build (18 Range, min 18 Fielding) for the position. Hernandez would make a decent C. Other than that no issues, nice system.

Hope that helps.

Previous Page | Show All |