Help

Forum >> Help >> Quick promotions?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, there is a bug with the new recruits, and they are getting double playing time, so they are all advancing quickly.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My understanding is that playing time does not affect advancement. It does not affect training, and the games are not "official", so they are not providing experience.

Correct me if wrong. The double play time bug seems entirely cosmetic to me.

To the OP, seems to me that initial placement is higher in the new draft. Players may be advancing normally, just starting closer to the finish line.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually I believe it does effect training. As far as experience, I would imagine if they are getting stats in both amateurs and minors, they are probably also getting double experience. They exist in both places. No guarantee, but also no guarantee in either direction. Players are getting double playing time, and players are advancing too quickly. May not be related, but that is a lot of coincidence.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Seca, playing time is related to SI improvement (training) only in the Major Leagues.

We know for a fact that Minor League games are cosmetic. There is no reason to think training is in any way connected to those games. Training was the same when Minor League did not exist!

As for Amateur stats, theres no such evidence, true.
There is also no reason to believe it goes against the common practive either
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has said that training is "mostly" not impacted by playing time. That means it is partly. I'm pretty sure position experience is impacted at least in part by playing time in the minors. Since playing time in the amateurs is completely new, we can not make any assumptions that it has no impact on experience or training.

What we can see is that players are promoting faster, and players are collecting stats at both the amateur and minor league levels simultaneously. To assume there is no correlation is to make a BIG assumption.

I have players that I drafted this season who are already showing as being with the club for 1 year. This would indicate they are gaining experience faster than normal.

Peter Mayer - drafted #2 in 2040 has 1 year with the club.

Tony Reynoso - drafted #8 in 2041 already has 1 year with the club...

It looks like they are getting full credit for being with the club for all their amateur games even if they hadn't been drafted yet. So it would seem that two years worth of experience is being accumulated and credited.

If my assertion is correct, guys drafted #1 in 2041 will have "2 years with the club after one or two training updates next season.

Updated Friday, August 9 2019 @ 6:24:36 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My recollection was that Admin's post was much more definitive.

We can see players are promoting faster

Can we? Can you show me a player that moved 2 levels this season? A draftee moving one level the season he was drafted is completely normal.

I had a 17 yr old 1st rounder who is now in AA. Wild progress by our old standards. But its not b/c he's developing like a maniac, it's b/c he started in A ball. Occam.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I had noticed "with the club" being off as well, but the effect was instantaneous. The player showed that immediately after being drafted. It didn't take a training update to show up.

Suggesting a connection between minor league playing time and with-the-club numbers seems really tenuous.

Edit: years with club is likely just an integer that gets incremented each off season. Draft picks in the past would be flushed out, so it didn't affect them. Now the draft picks hang around, so they may get caught in that net. Actions that reset the variable (like cutting the player) don't happen to the draftees. So they show 1 year b/c of 2040.

If unchanged, we might see draftees next season that show 1 or 2 years with team depending on what year they started playing amateur. Seems an easy fix tho - whatever line of code is used to reset the variable for free agents might work for the draftees.

Updated Friday, August 9 2019 @ 7:56:23 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A draftee moving one level the season he was drafted is completely normal.

Somewhat, but most of us are seeing every recruit promote one level within the year. That is not normal.

We know that there is a bug since stats are gathering for both amateurs and minors simultaneously. We know there is unusual growth with the new draftees. There may well be no connection, but I think it makes more sense to assume there may be a connection.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I reckon all of those as bugs.
Steve warned us all there will be bugs.
I'm happy if this is all the bugs we get.
ALL, HAIL BUGS!
:)
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
experience with the team was not accrued for a few seasons (4 or 5?)
(I think it stunted some players as well)

then it was fixed, and IIRC it is counted as 1/10 of a season every training period.
Most certainly it is _not_ updated at season's end.

I have to assume that amatuer training is providing experience as well, and it wrongly goes toward Exp. w/ the team too.
No biggy

Previous Page | Show All |